Problems We Treat: Tooth Replacement Coeur d’Alene
About Missing Tooth Replacement Coeur d’Alene
Are you missing one or more teeth?
- At some point in their life, nearly 30% of adults will lose a tooth.
- There’s no need to let a missing tooth negatively affect your health, lifestyle, confidence, or career.
- Talk to our Coeur d’Alene tooth replacement dentists about your options.
There’s always a solution regardless of when or how you lost a tooth!
What causes missing teeth?
Severe damage & decay
Dental damage like excessive wear, cracks, and chips can compromise the integrity of your tooth. Tooth decay that’s left untreated will eventually require a root canal or extraction.
Also known as gum disease, periodontal disease is the #1 cause of tooth loss. If there isn’t proper oral hygiene, bacteria will slowly damage your jawbone, causing your teeth to become loose or fall out completely.
A lost tooth could also be caused by accidents like slips and falls, car collisions, contact sports, and other impact injuries.
What if I just knocked out a tooth?
- If possible, find and save the tooth, avoiding picking it up by the roots.
- Put the tooth in a clean container and cover it with milk or saliva.
- Call us at 208-667-7461 so you can be seen as soon as possible (preferably within 30 minutes of losing the tooth). We’ll be able to give you advice on what to do next.
Is it bad to have missing teeth in Coeur d’Alene?
In some situations, replacing a tooth may not be necessary, as in the case of removing a tooth to address a crowded, misaligned smile. Wisdom teeth are also often removed to improve your health and lifestyle. In most cases, however, a missing tooth is considered a problem and must be addressed.
- The jawbone sitting beneath your missing tooth will begin to wear away, increasing your risk of losing even more teeth.
- The rest of your teeth become weaker, leading to chips and cracks.
- The neighboring teeth may begin to move and reposition.
- You increase your risk of gum disease.
- You may find it difficult to eat and speak normally and comfortably.
What are my options for missing teeth Coeur d’Alene?
Missing teeth can contribute to serious health problems — from headaches and bone loss in the jaw, to loss of self-confidence and lifestyle changes. Thanks to advances in technology and dentistry, there are excellent options for replacing missing teeth including:
- Dental bridges
- Dental implants
- All-on-4 Implant Dentures
Schedule a Consultation